2010 was a record year for me in terms of celebrating my friends’ engagements, weddings, and babies! If you ever need ideas for wedding or baby showers, bachelorette parties, wedding or baby gifts, weddings, or bridesmaid responsibilities, just let me know. Here are some of the highlights of that year by the numbers.
- 13 babies were born to my friends
- 11 couples* got married
- 6 couples* are currently engaged (at the end of the year)
- 6 showers attended** (the laws of physics insist that I can only be in one place at a time)
- 6 months since my promotion to accountant
- 5-year anniversary of working in accounting
- 5 weddings attended (see previous comment on physics)
- 4 graduate classes completed (bringing my total earned hours to 16)
- 4 college football games attended
- 3-year anniversary of moving into my apartment
- 2 babies currently expected by my friends (that I know of)
- 2 times my tips were published on Lifehacker
*Where one or both people are my friends or acquaintances.
**Includes both wedding and baby showers.
Originally posted at Practical Adventure, 1 January 2011.