- hurried or unbalanced meals when I do not plan ahead or lack energy to make what I planned,
- the clutter of things I need to put away,
- stacks of papers I need to file in the filing cabinet I cannot reach because of the stacks of boxes still unpacked in our home office,
- unwritten thank-you notes,
- evenings when Brian and I come home from work and I feel tired or out-of-sorts instead of cheerful and energetic,
- not being able to do everything I think I should be able to handle.
- praying for students
- doing manicures or sipping hot drinks and listening to chatty students
- joining small group ladies for dinner on short notice
- spending quality time with my husband
The thing is, when our actions and choices are like Mary’s, we often give up having homes like Martha’s. That is what Jesus called choosing the best thing and that is plenty for me.*
What life lessons have you been learning recently?
Edit: I finally got this image and link working to tell you I am linking up with Amy at The Messy Middle.